Document Search Software Across Your Portfolio
We can bring your company's documents to life by uploading or scanning, indexing, organizing and tagging them in a document repository that is designed around your building portfolio.
BuildFlow's Professional Services Team and smart folders will organize and apply the appropriate search tags and meta data so you can quickly find what you are looking for. The document repository can be accessed from anywhere in a secure environment. The user interface is familiar and easy to use.
Quality Control = Quality Search Results
How It Works
- We identify and recommend the content that should go into BuildFlow. We have proven standards and procedures for identifying content and search criteria from many years of experience across various industries.
- We meet with individual property managers, as needed, to learn building history and identify key search criteria.
- Search tags are created based on the locations and buildings in your portfolio.
- Scanning can be done on or off-site. Each document set is stamped and marked with the corresponding archive identification number so that it can be located in the document repository.
- Every file is reviewed and organized before it enters the document repository. Duplicates are identified, version control is enforced, and historical drawing and related sets are rebuilt for each project.
- Important metadata is manually entered or extracted by experienced building industry professionals.
- Project documents are organized, categorized and tagged when they are added to BuildFlow making the transition to archival seamless.
- Facilities management related documents are identified and tagged along the way.
- Quickly find what you are looking from anywhere.
- Easily share search results.
- Always know when you are looking at the latest version.
- Stop loaning hardcopies and wondering if you got them back.
- Put an end to documents not being returned to the correct location.
- No need to be concerned that an employee has the most important documents in their computer or desk.
- Perhaps you have file storage rooms that could be better utilized.
- Documents become an asset for facilities managers and future projects.
- Everything is being stored in an organized and structured manner across projects.
- Real time customer and team support.